New Scout Executive Joins Five Rivers Council
Brad Bodoh has accepted the Board’s invitation to become the Council’s new Executive Director, effective January 1, 2021. Read his introductory letter by clicking this link.
Welcome to the Five Rivers Council, Boy Scouts of America and the greatest youth development program in the World!
Scouting IS FOR YOUR FAMILY and every family in our communities. At a time when many seem focused on division, Scouting provides an opportunity for everyone to come together and be part of the fun and adventure. We offer safe, fun, and educational age-appropriate programs for boys and girls from kindergarten to 20 years of age, and young women from age 14
Whether your child wants to go camping, provide service to their community, race pinewood derby cars, learn about STEM activities, or just hang out with their friends, we offer it all. The Council provides first-rate Scouting programming and facilities throughout the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania, serving the youth of eastern Allegany, Chemung, southern Livingston, Schuyler, Steuben, and western Tioga counties in New York, as well as Bradford, Lycoming, Sullivan, and Tioga counties in Pennsylvania.
Still Scouting – Click here for a variety of online resources to keep your Scouting program going virtually
Camping in the Five Rivers Council – Updated 9/20
- No Scout Group, Unit, Patrol or Den will camp in New York State regardless of location (campground, state parks, on the trail or any other non-developed land – farm, country, etc)
- Camping in PA or any other non-quarantined state is allowed provided:
- The group is no larger than a patrol or den (8-12 Scouts plus leaders)
- Unit Safety plan has been submitted and approved
- Every attendee has completed and signed a hold harmless waiver (the Unit must be in possession of these waivers at all times and kept on file for at least 1 year)
Tech Support (Member Care) – My.Scouting, Scoutbook, Online Training, Internet Advancement, Internet Rechartering, Commissioner Tools
Scouting has many online tools to help all volunteers do their jobs. However, sometimes issues arise. If you are having trouble with any of the BSA online tools please submit a ticket and one of our experience volunteers will help you solve it. This was formerly offered by the National Office as Member Care but has been closed and is now a local Council service.
If you have strong skills in the use of any online tools and would like to be a tech support member please click here. Please include the online tools that you can provide support in.
Unit Reopening 7-20: Town Hall Webinar
- Five Rivers Council Guidelines
- NY Business Reopening Safety Plan
- BSA Restart Scouting Guidelines
- BSA Unit Money Earning Application
Please click here for a Training on Using online video tools
Please click here for a National FAQ regarding advancement.
Please click here for a Council FAQ. This should help answer many of your questions about Council, District and Unit operations to help keep Scouting going.
Please click here for Updates regarding COVID-19 and Scouting.