Facts About the
Five Rivers Council
- We served a total of 1,649 Cub Scouts, 982 Boy Scouts, 98 Venturers, and 20 Explorers in 139 Units. That’s 2,749 lives that we made a difference in!
- More than 292 of our Cub Scouts attended summer camp.
- Over 75% of our boy scouts attended summer camp
- Our scouts sold over $425,000 in popcorn – earning more than $300,000 to support their units and the local program
- Our scouts collected over 90,000 food items for Scouting for Food
- 45 of our Boy Scouts earned the rank of Eagle Scout
- We sent contingents to Florida Sea Base, the Summit and to Philmont, including our 1st ever female contingent to Philmont.
- Camp Gorton was mentioned in the December 2016 edition of Scouting Magazine as one of the favorite places to camp in the profile of Scouter Ginny Conway from the Buffalo, NY Council.
- The #1 story in BSA National’s Scoutwire for 2016 was about our homegrown Eagle Scout Timothy Updegraff and his Eagle project creating an audio tour of Woodlawn Cemetery.
- We continue to rank near the top in the country in both trained leaders and youth protection-trained leaders.
- We have been chosen to host 2 BSA Regional Conferences in 2017: Strategic Training Planning Conference and Seabadge.
- After years of financial challenges, we finished 2016 with a budget surplus and made great strides in developing a sustainable financial plan of operations.
- For the 1 st time in our history we were recognized by BSA National as a Gold Journey to Excellence Council (this is the highest ranking that a Council can receive with less than 10% of all councils nation-wide earning the distinction